He led with his helmet, biggins pic clearly shows it, the other pic is after it had developed. Biggins pic is initial contact, not vols, how could he slide off of him in that direction? He leads with his helmet and slides off as seen in vol's pic, I don't know how you could think he hits with his shoulder and rolls off the other way and you get biggins pic? It's not some new pansy rule, it's a legit rule and should ALWAYS be a penalty...if it were the other way around, I'd bet good money you'd be defending that rule, which is a good one.
Is it even a 15 yarder? I'm just curious, haven't heard much complaining about it besides on here, but what's the book say? There was time left when he spiked it, but you're wanting the game to be over so he doesn't get the chance? Because the ref said it, which has happened before and heaven forbid they review it and get the right call, is a bad thing? "Well the ref said so, so we should have it, even though they were right".
There wasn't enough to overturn it, it still looked like a catch to me and was called it on the field, regardless there wasn't enough to overturn it...and it was only disputable because a he was hit illegally.
If UT had picked up just another 1st down, that 30 seconds wouldn't have happened. Really ridiculous to sit here and say "well we made some mistakes, but we got screwed", they screwed their self and completely blew the game and got put into any position like that to begin with. They choked long before any of those calls. I forget which group of fans I'm talking to though and what board I'm on, so don't know why I'm continuing to go on with it.
YouTube - Music City Bowl Ending - Tennessee vs. North Carolina - 12/30/2010
Initial contact is made with the shoulder. WR's whiplashes and catches side of Jackson's helmet, not the crown. 28 second mark.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
He leads with his helmet still and launches with it, even by the rules posted earlier, he would still be protected with that call.
The pass receiver whose concentration is on the ball;
I don't ever seeing that not being a penalty, with any team on any level, if seen it's flagged 10 times out of 10 and there be no dispute about it.
There is no launching rule in NCAA.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Folks will have to change the way they play. This isn't different than the stopping of the 5 yard chuck on a wr or when the QB was able to slide and throw the ball away, even if there isn't anybody near the sideline they throw it to. (Yes, I know these are pro rules too).
We'll keep the lights on for you.
Spuds
Again:
The to many players or players in motion that they called instantly kills the play before it starts so the spike couldn't have happened. What if he had raised up and thrown a td pass instead of spiking it, that wouldn't have counted/happened so the spike shouldn't have happened either. As a result of the penalty the clock starts when the ball is set, not when the ball is snapped on an offensive penalty and there's no time for them to get a snap off.
No matter what the ruling on the personal by Jackson the refs screwed the pooch on the implementation of the penalty against UNC for having to many players.
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
[COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]
Bookmarks